You may be worried about your sexual behaviour.
Answer the following questions and if the answer is Yes to 5 or more questions, you may find it beneficial to make an appointment with me to discuss your concerns.
- Have you ever tried to control how much sex to have or how often you would see someone?
- Do you feel that you don’t want anyone to know about your sexual activities? Do you feel you need to hide these activities from others; family, friends, co-workers, counsellors etc.
- Have you had sex at inappropriate times, in inappropriate places, and/or with inappropriate people?
- Do you make promises to yourself concerning your sexual behaviour that you find you cannot follow?
- Have you ever felt that you had to have sex?
- Have you or do you have sex regardless of the consequences? E.g. the threat of being caught or the risk of contracting Herpes, Gonorrhoea, HIV Virus, Syphilis, Chlamydia etc.
- Have you ever threatened your financial stability or standing in the community by pursuing a sexual partner?
- Have you ever had a serious relationship threatened or destroyed because of outside sexual activity?
- Do you have sex and/or “relationships” to try to deal with, or escape from life’s problems?
- Do you find yourself needing greater and greater variety and energy in your sexual activities just to achieve an “acceptable” level of physical and emotional relief?
- Are you unable to concentrate on other areas of your life because of thoughts or feelings you are having about sex?
- Have you ever wished you could stop or control your sexual activities for a given period of time?
- Do you feel that your life is unmanageable because of your excessive dependency needs?
- Have you ever thought that there might be more you could do with your life if you were not so driven by sexual pursuits?
Sex Addiction can make you feel alone and isolated. You may feel the need to hide your behaviour from the people around you. Sex Addiction Therapy provides you with a safe, non-judgmental space for you to discuss your issues in complete confidence to help you to rebuild your life and get it under control.